JCUA is Hiring!
Development Associate, (Full time, 40 hours weekly)
The Jewish Council on Urban Affairs is seeking a highly motivated and organized, detail-oriented person to serve as its Development Associate. The Development Associate will have two primary functions:
- Assist the Director of Development with project management by overseeing the donor prospecting, stewardship and cultivation pipeline.
- Maintain and manage JCUA’s fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge, by ensuring that donor and prospect information is accurate, entering and acknowledging gifts & creating queries and reports as needed.
Founded in 1964, JCUA combats poverty, discrimination, and antisemitism working in partnership with diverse communities. JCUA is the Jewish voice for social justice in Chicago. Together with its members, JCUA is a powerful partner for meaningful social change.
JCUA carries out its work through three core programs: Issue-based Campaigns, Community Investment, and Youth Leadership and Engagement. More information about JCUA can be found at www.jcua.org.
JCUA is a small and dynamic organization, where the staff is supportive and collaborative in pursuit of program goals. We work closely together, with an understanding that we will only maximize our impact when we are aligned and working in concert. This position will report jointly to JCUA’s Director of Development and JCUA’s Director of Communications.
Principle Responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain the database moves management system to assist Director of Development and Executive Director with major gift fundraising by:
- Conducting donor prospect research and recording results in the database.
- Recording actions including donor meetings and communications as well as pertinent details from these interactions.
- Creating and entering action steps for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Producing weekly donor and prospect reports for the Director of Development.
- JCUA maintains a database of approximately 15,000 constituents who support the organization as members and/or donors, attend events, participate in JCUA’s campaigns and programs, and learn about social justice issues through JCUA’s multi-level communications. JCUA’s database platform is hosted Raiser’s Edge. The Development Associate will work with Raiser’s Edge to maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent records. This includes:
- Updating key contact info.
- Accurate and timely gift entry and acknowledgment.
- Processing program and event registrations.
- Creating queries and reports for development, communications, and accounting functions.
- Tracking membership retention, renewal and growth.
- Assist with logistics and planning for fundraising and donor engagement activities.
- Prepare materials for and assist with donor meetings.
- Maintain foundation and grant records as well as track deadlines for grant submissions and progress reports.
- Troubleshoot and support staff with database functions; work directly with Blackbaud to address technical issues with Raiser’s Edge, Online Express and Word Press.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1-2 years experience in a fundraising role or related experience, Bachelor’s Degree, a passion for fundraising, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with a fundraising and communications database in a non-profit environment, Strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; facility with establishing and managing workflow priorities; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve problems. Interest in JCUA’s mission as well as familiarity with the Chicago area Jewish community is a plus.
JCUA encourages applicants from all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and genders.