JCUA is Hiring!
Development Associate, (Part-time, 20 hours weekly)
The Jewish Council on Urban Affairs is seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented person to serve as its part-time Development Associate. The Development Associate will work primarily to maintain JCUA’s fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge. The Development Associate will ensure that donor information is accurate and up-to-date, will be responsible for entering gifts and processing donor recognition letters, will maintain our moves management and prospect pipeline system within the database, and will assist with donor outreach. To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Associate Position.
Founded in 1964, JCUA combats poverty, discrimination, and antisemitism partnership working in partnership with diverse communities. JCUA is the Jewish social justice voice in Chicago and together with its members is a powerful advocate for social justice in Chicago.
JCUA carries out its work through three core programs: Issue-based Campaigns, Community Investment, and Youth Leadership and Engagement. More information about JCUA can be found at www.jcua.org.
JCUA is a small and dynamic organization, where the staff is supportive and collaborative in pursuit of program goals. We work closely together, with an understanding that we will only maximize our impact when we are aligned and working in concert. This position will report jointly to JCUA’s Director of Development and JCUA’s Director of Communications.
JCUA maintains a database of approximately 15,000 constituents who support the organization as members and/or donors, attend events, participate in JCUA’s campaigns and programs, and learn about social justice issues through JCUA’s multi-level communications. JCUA’s database platform is hosted Raiser’s Edge.
Principle responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Work with Raiser’s Edge to maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent records. This includes:
- Updating addresses, phone, email and other contact info.
- Accurate and timely gift entry and acknowledgment.
- Processing program and event registrations.
- Maintain the database moves management system to assist Director of Development and Executive Director with major gift fundraising by:
- Conducting donor prospect research and recording results.
- Recording actions including donor meetings and communications as well as pertinent details from these interactions.
- Creating and entering action steps for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Create queries and reports for development, communications, and accounting functions.
- Track membership retention, renewal and growth.
- Maintain foundation and grant records as well as track deadlines for grant submissions and progress reports.
- Prepare materials for and assist with donor meetings.
- Troubleshoot and support staff with database functions; work directly with Blackbaud to address technical issues with Raiser’s Edge, Online Express and Word Press.
- Assist with logistics and planning for fundraising and donor engagement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Bachelor’s Degree, a passion for fundraising, experience with a fundraising and communications database in a non-profit environment, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; facility with establishing and managing workflow priorities; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve problems. Interest in JCUA’s mission as well as familiarity with the Chicago area Jewish community is a plus.
JCUA encourages applicants from all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and genders.