Work with Us
The Jewish Council on Urban Affairs (JCUA) seeks a motivated, organized and detail-oriented professional to serve as its Development Associate. The Development Associate is a dynamic and essential member of the development team. They will play a lead role in managing logistics for the annual gala and other donor stewardship/cultivation activities; support the Director of Development with major gift prospecting and moves management; maintain control of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), donor acknowledgements and other communications; and will play a support role in corporate and foundation grant management.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Communications Manager.
The Jewish Council on Urban Affairs believes that personnel diversity is an organizational strength. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. JCUA is committed to providing equal employment consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, disability, religious, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
The salary range for this position is $42,000 – $50,000, commensurate with experience. The anticipated start date is September 2019.
• Assist the development team in the planning and execution of the annual event including supporting logistics, volunteer management, vendor relations, marketing, etc.
• Support the Executive Director and Director of Development in major gift fundraising and annual campaign by building a robust discovery pipeline, pulling regular reports and conducting research on prospects.
• Maintain and improve the organization’s moves management systems. Ensure all donor interactions are recorded, tracked and have appropriate follow up.
• Manage the donor database and ensure its accuracy and integrity. Oversee and execute data entry procedures and maintain consistent standards for donor data.
• Ensure accurate gift entry, appropriate acknowledgement of all donations, and approval of all matching gift requests. Regularly review and revise gift acceptance policies and gift entry and acknowledgement procedures.
• Develop and segment prospect and mailing lists for campaigns and events.
• Provide data-driven recommendations regarding solicitation strategies and segmentation.
• In collaboration with the finance team, support monthly financial reconciliation.
• Manage corporate and foundation grants calendar and work with program staff to get up to date information on programs to be included in proposals.
• Assist with drafting and editing donor proposals, acknowledgements,
Qualifications & Skills:
• BA or MA degree and a minimum 2-4 years’ work experience in a fundraising or fundraising support role.
• A passion for the mission of JCUA and a personal interest in social justice issues.
• Proficient in Raiser’s Edge or another CRM system, and MS Office suite.
• Meticulous attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to analyze data and provide data-driven insights and recommendations.
• Research skills, including a natural curiosity and a strong results-oriented focus.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong understanding knowledge of the Jewish community.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter & salary expectations to Laura Ford, Giving Tree Associates: firstname.lastname@example.org