JCUA is seeking talented, hard-working candidates to support our work fighting for social justice through a Jewish lens in the Chicagoland area!
We are looking to fill two intern spots:
The Organizing Intern will support JCUA’s organizing team with their work on immigration justice and police accountability. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience working in different areas of community organizing. Activities may include:
- Supporting campaign events for our two campaign areas, such as actions, press conferences, rallies, etc.
- Supporting congregation events at synagogues and Jewish communities across Chicagoland
- Reaching out to supporters to take action through phone calls, emails, and social media
- Recruiting members for different events and activities
Communications and Development
- Crafting social media posts
- Writing blogs
- Organizing database entries for development and organizing purposes
Research and Policy
- Conducting research for trainings around anti-semitism, racism, and intersectionality
- Developing fact sheets around our campaign areas
The Communications Intern will support JCUA’s Director of Communications.
- Help grow and manage JCUA’s social media to bring visibility to the organization’s work and events including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Assist with Blog management: Seek out opportunities for compelling blog posts; Research and conduct interviews with JCUA constituents as necessary
- Assist with communications at JCUA events and actions (including some evenings and weekends): photos, quotes, social media posting.
- Assist with design and messaging for website management, mass and targeted emails including newsletters, program-specific emails and JCUA action alerts, marketing materials, member communications, direct mail, press releases, newsletters, event invitations, annual reports, etc.
- Assist with media relations: Research editorial opportunities and seek out opportunities to promote JCUA’s work; maintain and update media outreach list; help draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
For both internship opportunities:
Desired Intern Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, sense of humor!
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Creativity, attention to detail, and resourcefulness with excellent follow through skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and complete high-quality work within tight timeframes.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Serious commitment to social justice
- Some knowledge of Chicago’s Jewish community a plus!