The Jewish High Holidays bring us the chance to reflect on the accomplishments of the previous year. We’re proud of the impact we made in 5779: we played a crucial role in advancing measures to hold Chicago police accountable; we helped pass immigration justice legislation as the federal administration wreaks havoc on immigrant communities; we redesigned our youth engagement programs to better empower young Jewish leaders; and we made much-needed community investments in Chicago’s neighborhoods.
The High Holidays also provide a time to recommit ourselves to living out Jewish values and working to transform Chicago. These next twelve months are critical: we have a mayor and aldermen who have pledged to implement bold ideas for our city. We have an upcoming presidential election that will determine the future of this country.
At this crucial time in our city, and at this special moment in the Jewish calendar, we ask you to #RaiseYourVoice with JCUA. The next year will determine whether we elevate hate, racism and antisemitism, or whether we elevate justice, equity and multi-racial democracy.
There are four ways you can join us and #RaiseYourVoice for social justice.
- Become a member or renew your membership with JCUA. It’s only $18 for the year, and you’ll become part of our nearly 2,000 strong base of Jews mobilized for progressive social change.
- Make a donation to JCUA. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we rely on the generosity of supporters to fund our programs and organizing work.
- Follow JCUA online. We send out daily and weekly updates through email, and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Medium.
- Spread the word. Below you’ll find the instructions on how to participate in our #RaiseYourVoice social media campaign.
- Print out the image below and write down how you plan to #RaiseYourVoice for social justice in 5780. At the bottom, nominate someone who you want to join you in this work!
- Take a picture holding the paper.
- Post the image to Facebook and Twitter, with the following caption:This year, I will _______
I ask (tag nominated person): how will you #RaiseYourVoice with JCUA in 5780?
Join me at jcua.org/voice